SPH REIT is a Singapore-based real estate investment trust established principally to invest, directly or indirectly, in a portfolio of income-producing real estate which is used primarily for retail purposes in Asia-Paciﬁc, as well as real estate-related assets.
SPH REIT was listed on the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited (“SGX-ST”) on 24 July 2013 and is sponsored by Singapore Press Holdings Limited (“SPH” or the “Sponsor”), Asia’s leading media organisation with publications across multiple languages and platforms.
As at 31 August 2020, SPH REIT’s portfolio comprises five quality and well-located commercial properties in Singapore and Australia. The three properties in Singapore total up to 962,851 sq ft Net Lettable Area (“NLA”) with an aggregate value of S$3.3 billion, whereas the two properties in Australia have an aggregate Gross Lettable Area (“GLA”) of 1,708,803 sq ft, and an aggregate value of A$836.5 million.
- Paragon, a premier upscale retail mall and medical suite/office property located in the heart of Orchard Road, Singapore’s premier shopping and tourist precinct. Paragon consists of a six-storey retail podium and one basement level with 494,757 sq ft of retail NLA (“Paragon Mall”), with a 14-storey tower and another three-storey tower sitting on top of the retail podium with a total of 223,098 sq ft of medical suite/offices NLA (“Paragon Medical”). It is a 99-year leasehold interest that commenced on 24 July 2013.
- The Clementi Mall, a mid-market suburban mall located in the centre of Clementi Town, with excellent frontage to residential estates in the west of Singapore and is well-connected to expressways and the rest of the island. The retail mall with 195,229 sq ft of retail NLA also houses a public library, and is part of an integrated mixed use development that includes Housing & Development Board (“HDB”) residential blocks and a bus interchange. The property is directly linked to the Clementi Mass Rapid Transit (“MRT”) station. It is a 99-year leasehold interest that commenced on 31 August 2010.
- The Rail Mall, a retail strip with 360-metre prominent road frontage to Upper Bukit Timah Road, comprises a trade mix including a supermarket, dining options and medical services to serve the different needs of residents and visitors. It is well-served by the Hillview MRT station, which is about 250 metres from the mall, as well as a network of public bus services. Accessibility is further enhanced by its proximity to the Bukit Timah Expressway (“BKE”) and Pan Island Expressway (“PIE”). It is a 99-year leasehold interest that commenced on 18 March 1947. One of the key access points to the Rail Corridor is located within a short walking distance from The Rail Mall. It has a NLA of 49,767 sq ft.
- Westfield Marion Shopping Centre, a freehold shopping centre in Adelaide, South Australia in which SPH REIT has a 50.0% stake in ownership. It is the largest and only super regional shopping centre in South Australia. Strategically located approximately 10 km south-west of Adelaide’s Central Business District (“CBD”), it is in a highly accessible location which is bound by three major thoroughfares and arterial roads in Diagonal Road, Sturt Road and Morphett Road, extending greater access to shoppers beyond its usual catchment. The shopping centre offers large and well segmented precincts of entertainment, fresh food, and dining; supported by a high quality tenant base of leading national retailers. The property has an aggregate GLA of 1,472,125 sq ft.
- Figtree Grove Shopping Centre, an established freehold sub-regional shopping centre in Wollongong, New South Wales Australia, in which SPH REIT has a 85.0% stake in ownership. Located approximately 3 km south-west of Wollongong and approximately 85 km south-west of Sydney CBD, the property is situated at the north-eastern corner of the Princes Highway and The Avenue – major thoroughfares which carry traffic between Wollongong Central Business District and the wider Wollongong area. The shopping centre houses two major supermarkets, specialty stores, and a variety of services, F&B dining options and other retailers providing convenience and necessity to residents. The property has an aggregate GLA of 236,678 sq ft.